This Valentine’s Day, join the Indexed Annuity Leadership Council (IALC) in spreading the love for fixed indexed annuities (FIAs). With the ability to grow and protect your nest egg, FIAs could be the long-term relationship you have been looking for to ensure a steady income stream during retirement.
Designed for the long run, FIAs won’t break your heart, as you work toward reaching your retirement goals. Here are five reasons you should love a FIA:
- 100% Principal Protection: With 100% principal protection, FIAs can be the key to your heart’s desire, as well as a retirement portfolio with minimized risk. Even when Market volatility occurs, like the recent Dow Jones fluctuations, your principal investment remains protected.
- Balance: Balance is not only important for your relationship, but also your financial future, as portfolio diversification helps manage risks and rewards in the financial Market. FIAs are a great option to diversify, ensuring you are not putting all your eggs in one basket.
- Growth Potential: Trust and stability are important in any relationship. FIAs are unique in that they offer a growth opportunity over a set time period, insulating your savings from the uncertainty of the Market and creating peace of mind. Once earned through a FIA, interest credits are locked in and cannot be lost. The principal on the investment is also always protected, as long as you continue through the length of your contact.
- Guaranteed Lifetime Income: FIAs are a retirement vehicle that helps ensure you won’t outlive your savings, providing a steady, guaranteed lifetime income stream in retirement. A love that lasts a lifetime can come in many different forms.
- Tax Deferred Growth: With FIAs, you are required to pay taxes on your earnings, as long as your money stays in the annuity. Now, if only you could say the same for that box of chocolates.
Given all the benefits this retirement vehicle offers, we even bet Cupid is likely to shoot his arrow and fall in love with a FIA – a good long-term relationship for all.