Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
We may collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, respond to a survey and in connection with any other activities, services, features or resources that we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, their name, email address and phone number. Users may however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect PII from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users may always refuse to supply PII, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personally identifiable information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system, the Internet service provider and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
5 Money Myths may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site – We may need your information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us to respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users (as a group) use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site – We may use any feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature – To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails – We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to general topics and to their specific situation or case. It may also be used to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We use appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not provide, sell, trade or rent Users PII to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information, not linked to any personally identifiable information, regarding visitors and users with our business partners and trusted affiliates for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business, the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Your acceptance of these terms
Your use of this Site, signifies your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed as your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated 2018